A build tool is utility program to automate the process of repetitive tasks like compiling source code and creating files etc. A build tool can be executed from the command line.
Note: Apache Ant, Maven and Gradle are the commonly used building tools in java.
Why build tools are used?
Build tools are used to automate the process of repetitive tasks like source code compilation etc and take this burden away from the developers.
Dictionary meaning of Maven:
Maven is a Yiddish word which means accumulator of knowledge.
What is Maven:
Apache maven is an advanced project management tool for java software projects which is based on POM (project object model). It uses POM (project object model) file to manage project’s build, dependency and documentation.
The most powerful futures of maven are to download the project dependency libraries automatically and to create the right project structure.
Maven helps to manage the following:
- apache maven features
- Difference between Ant and Maven
- install Maven on windows
- install Maven on linux ubuntu
- install Maven on Mac OS
- Maven architecture
- Maven Core Concepts
- maven pom xml file
- Maven Build Life Cycles, Phases and Goals
- maven default lifecycle phases
- maven clean lifecycle phases
- Maven site lifecycle phases
- maven build profiles
- maven plugin types
- maven repositories tutorial
- maven java project example
- maven java webapp project example
- eclipse maven java project example
- eclipse maven java web project
- Build tools in java
- Aspects Maven manages
- Check maven version in windows
- Check the maven version in linux
- Check maven version in mac
- What information does pom contain?
- Goal in maven
- Types of repository in maven
- Explain Maven repository search order
- Local repository in maven
- Central repository in maven
- Remote repository in maven
- What is maven plugin used for?
- Types of maven plugins
- Archetype in maven
- How profiles are specified in maven?
- Build maven project offline
- Exclude dependency in maven