Scheduler in real world:
A scheduler is a person or machine that organizes or maintains schedules.
Scheduler in programming:
A scheduler is a program that arranges jobs or a computer’s operations into an appropriate sequence.
Quartz is an open source job scheduling framework that can be integrated into a wide variety of Java applications.
Where to use quartz scheduler?
If our application have tasks to run on a predefine date and time then quartz scheduler is the ideal solution.
Features of quartz scheduler:
- Quartz can be integrated within another free standing application.
- Quartz can run as a stand-alone program.
- Quartz schedules the jobs to run when a given Trigger occurs.
- Quartz can begin and commit JTA transactions.
Java Quartz scheduler tutorial:
- Quartz scheduler components
- Quartz 1.6 hello world example using SimpleTrigger
- Quartz 1.6 hello world example using CronTrigger
- Quartz 2.1.5 hello world example using SimpleTrigger
- Quartz 2.1.5 hello world example using CronTrigger
- Quartz 2 JobListener
- Quartz multiple jobs example
- Quartz listing all jobs example
- Struts 2 and Quartz 2 scheduler integration
Quartz scheduler interview questions: