Log4j is a simple, flexible and fast java based logging framework. It is thread safe and supports internationalization.
Log4j main components:
- Logger: It is used to log the messages.
- Appender: It is used to publish the logging information to the destination like file, database, console etc.
- Layout: It is used to format logging information in different styles.
Advantages of Log4j:
It provides the easy maintenance and fast debugging.
Disadvantages of Log4j:
It slow down the application.
Java log4j tutorial :
- Log4j Logger class
- Java Log4j example
- Log4j example using log4j properties file
- Log4j example using log4j xml file
- Logging levels in log4j
- Log4j file appender
- Log4j multiple appenders
Log4j interview questions: